Every cell of your body needs "nutritional" sulfur. Sulfur is important to cellular respiration, as it is needed in the oxidation-reduction reactions that help the cells utilize oxygen, which aids brain function and all cell activity. A deficiency of sulfur can cause:
- poor nails and hair growth
- unhappy skin
- poor muscle tone
- weakened nervous system
- lowered libido
Sulfur deficiency steals "methione" from less important parts of our body …. aka nails and hair. Methione is where "glutathione" comes from which is where we get HGH which is responsible for keeping us feeling young, skinny and wrinkle free.
- heavy metals are "fat-soluble" (think brain)
- difficult for immune system to process
- sulfur molecule attaches to the heavy metal changing its composition now to "water-soluble" (drink your water!)
Methylsulfonylmethane, or MSM, is a naturally occurring compound in foods such as fresh vegetables, meat, and dairy products and provides a source of natural sulfur. It is also a building block for the detoxifying molecule, "glutathione". I checked the ingredients in popular brands of MSM and the ingredients were very simple: MSM and vegetable or magnesium stearate and gelatin.
- each berry is a complete source of minerals
- sulfur metabolization requires calcium
- calcium metabolization requires magnesium
- magnesum metabolization requires potassium
- potassium metabolization requires phosphorous…..(get the picture?)
- MSM is tough to break down when it is dry. Being in the capsule, it enters the body dry so less is being absorbed, therefore, more is needed to be ingested.
- The powder is meant to be mixed in a liquid which softens the MSM making it more palatable. The body will utilize more of it, so less is needed to be ingested.