The reality is that the air fresheners and candles people buy are full of toxins that are as harmful or more harmful than smoking a cigarette. Even the cleaning products we use are full of chemicals that might not be on the label but end up off-gassing into the air or onto our skin.
- I used to buy scented candles.
- I used to have a bottle of scented toxins that I sprayed
our furniture with.
- I used to have a can of scented toxins that I used as air freshener.
used to get scented laundry detergent--the kind that would keep our clothes scented for
--I thought that was a GOOD thing. I just didn't know better! So, believe me when I say that I've got ZERO judgement here, okay? Now that we've gotten rid of as many of the chemical-filled products in our house (we switched out our household cleaner, dish soap, hand soap, hand purifier, laundry detergent, shampoo/conditioner, body soap, toothpaste, lotion, makeup, skin care, & deodorant), to all-natural essential oil infused products, I get an instant headache whenever I walk through the grocery store past the cleaning supply and laundry section. My nose and brain used to deal with that every single day so my body was used to it. Think about how exposing our bodies to those chemicals every day affects us long term!!!